|Please open thet attached diagram of the operational structure (Figure B)
EuroSafe’s activities are divided into programmes (permanent) and task forces (exploratory). In addition, the Secretariat provides back office co-ordination and support for all EuroSafe activities:
For more detailed information please go to the Programmes section.
- Child Safety: currently led by the European Child Safety Alliance as a EuroSafe programme of the Consumer Safety Institute (CSI) in the Netherlands;
- Consumer Safety: over the past years led by CSI, but looking for a new lead;
- Injury Data: currently led by Sicher Leben in Austria as an EC-project in collaboration with Verona ULSS 20 in Italy and CSI;
For the full list of Task Forces and their respective profiles please go to the Task Forces section.
Internal communication and decision-making
- strategy development involving the major experts and stakeholders concerned;
- maintaining the business cycle of annual updates and progress reports of EuroSafe Programmes;
- monitoring and reviewing of ongoing activities of EuroSafe Programmes;
- disseminating good practices identified through the various projects and Programmes;
- communicating policy developments, funding opportunities, professional resources, methodologies, coordination and advocacy actions, etc. through various mediums including a website, newsletter, Journal, conferences, seminars, guidelines etc.
- The Secretariat works closely with the Programme directors and Task Force chairpersons in implementing all corporate affairs related to EuroSafe’s basic knowledge infrastructure and communication activities.
- All operational decisions are made within the management team, and within the framework of the EB approved business plans for the Secretariat and Task Forces.
- The Secretary General periodically reports to the EB on the progress of work and on any special issues that need to be discussed or approved. The EB meets annually with the Programme directors and Task Force chairpersons to review progress and the following year’s planning.